[FX.php List] [FM API] PHP and API version issues...

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Fri May 14 10:01:21 MDT 2010

Hey John and Joel,

It was the references to the API's use of the deprecated pass by reference that I was meaning, and was wondering which version of PHP it was that this became an issue in...

I can confirm that it hasn't been addressed in FM11 which would tend to support John's theory that it's not changed...! shame really since this was an issue long before 11 was released...

Cheers
Steve

On 14 May 2010, at 16:57, John May wrote:

> AFAIK, the API is the same in 10 and 11.
>
> 	- John
>

> On 5/14/10 11:55 AM, Joel Shapiro wrote:
>> Hey Steve
>>
>> What I remember is that the API itself changed from FMS9 to FMS10. The
>> GetValueList() function was "deprecated" in the FMS10 version, although
>> in fact it breaks in some circumstances. More recently I found an issue
>> with one of the ways of calling FM scripts (FMS10). Answers I found
>> online were that the API was using deprecated PHP and that a "@" needed
>> to be removed from an API function in order for it not to return a PHP
>> Warning. (Let me know if you want more info on either of these and I'll
>> see what I've got.)
>>
>> I haven't heard anything specific re: 'safe' PHP versions, and I haven't
>> done anything yet w/ FMS11.
>>
>> Best,
>> -Joel
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Joel Shapiro
>> FileMaker Pro
>> database & web design
>> http://www.jsfmp.com
>> 415-269-5055
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>

>> On May 13, 2010, at 11:14 PM, Steve Winter wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I know that there was some discussion a while back (I think it was
>>> Joel who had the most info) about issues with the FM web publishing
>>> API using deprecated methods in newer versions of PHP...
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what the highest numbered version of PHP is 'safe'
>>> and if this issue has been fixed by FM 11...?
>>>
>>> Ta
>>> Steve
>>>

> --

> John May : President                   http://www.pointinspace.com/
> Point In Space Internet Solutions             jmay at pointinspace.com
>
>             Twitter: http://twitter.com/pointinspace/
>           Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PointInSpace/
>
>        Professional FileMaker Pro, MySQL, PHP & Lasso Hosting
>          on shared, virtual and hardware dedicated servers

Steve Winter
steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
m: +44 77 7852 4776
3 Calshot Court, Channel Way
Ocean Village, Southampton SO14 3GR

I ran the London Marathon to raise money for UK Youth. You can still sponsor me here.