[FX.php List] Memories....MORE

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Wed May 12 08:21:46 MDT 2010

More on the question about how memory is used during a script...

This issue came up as I have created a batch scrip that process
multiple records offline.

I've come to realize that use of includes, as a tool for simplifying
a big script, by definition, requires more memory for each iteration
of the loop. Here is a simplistic example:

foreach( blah)
	{
	include (dothis.php)
	include (log.php)
	include (dothat.php)
	include (log.php')
	include (dotheother.php)
	include (log.php')
	}

If the includes are changed to include_once, then the includes don't
run after the first instance in the loop..

As is, the script runs, requiring more memory for each iteration of
the loop....and will eventually run out of memory.

Will the same thing happen if I simply remove the includes and dump
all the scripts into one big honkin' script?

What to do?

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Schwartz