[FX.php List] Database table modification

Duncan, Blair Blair.Duncan at bbdo.ca
Fri May 7 09:00:34 MDT 2010

Thanks for the replys guys, it looks like there is no easy solution.

All I really want is to avoid using any type of calculation field that cannot be indexed as they kill performance.

Its really hacky but I guess I'll have to resort to maintain a form of control table with fields for:
TableName, ModificationTimeStamp, RecordCount

This way, at the end of the lengthy process it will need to update the control table.
The next time the lengthy process is run, it can first check the control table to quickly determine if it needs to run or not.

Blair Duncan | Variable Data Manager
SGL Communications | 2 Bloor St W, Suite 3100 Toronto ON M4W 3R6
T 416-413-7537 | C 416-845-3357 | F 416-972-5656