[FX.php List] Mac mini Server

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Thu May 6 09:24:57 MDT 2010

Hi Roger

Whether or not Mac Minis are suitable for FMServer is a fairly common
topic on FM lists.  I wouldn't recommend them for anything really big
or "critical", but I do have one non-profit client that's been running
a one-machine config FMS on a regular Mac Mini for 3-4 yrs without any
problems.  The website is for Calif. state-wide training
registrations, although it doesn't get a huge amount of traffic, and
at most they've had 4 or 5 FMP clients at a time.  They've got a good
backup system -- on- and offsite.

Perhaps they've been unusually lucky, but it's a real-world scenario
for you to include in your pondering.

HTH,
-Joel

Joel Shapiro