[FX.php List] Trying to trigger a script

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Thu Mar 25 23:43:28 MDT 2010

I'm trying to trigger a script from 2 queries, and although my transaction is reporting no error, I'm not seeing the script doing anything.

Here's what I'm trying to do: now that I've separated my client's web app from his main database, I capture an order and its lineitems in the small database on server A; as each record gets created on the web, I'm triggering a script that uses a relationship to create the record in the parent database on the other server.

This works great when I trigger it manually, but when the transaction triggers it using

$query->PerformFMScript('create_parent');

I'm not seeing anything happening.

Question: the first place I use it is in an FMEdit(); am I using the right function?

The 2nd place I'm using it is in an FMNew(); again, am I using the right function?

My other idea was to use a scheduled script on the server, and run these scripts every couple of minutes; for whatever reason however, this fails when I try to run it...

Any thoughts are mucho appreciated; thanks,

Bob Patin

Longterm Solutions LLC
P.O. Box 3408
Brentwood, TN 37024
bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
Twitter: bobpatin
FileMaker 10 Certified Developer
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker