[FX.php List] Using a web app over a VPN

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Mar 24 12:29:25 MDT 2010

Well, it works, but really really slowly. Port 80 is on the list of ports that I told them need to be open, so I'm waiting to see what they find out once they finish their testing today.

I would've *thought* that if I used the public IP of the website in the web app, it would work, but it doesn't; I think that's because the ports aren't open to the outside world.

I strongly suspect that they've got something screwy going on, and will eventually find it; it took them about a half-hour just to open the right ports for me to use FMNET to get to the database on the DB server... not a small company, but one wonders when it takes that long just to open a few ports.

BP

Longterm Solutions
bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin