[FX.php List] Using a web app over a VPN

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Mar 24 12:00:57 MDT 2010

Well, I can't, but their IT company providers said they did and that almost nothing was passing. I think they assume the problem lies in the web app itself, which is ridiculous since it worked on their LAN and works great here on my network.

This morning in a conference call, I explained the web app setup to one of their IT guys, and told him about the ports that need to be open. In previous conversations I'd been told that all the ports are open on this VPN, so we dismissed this as the point of issue. But this morning, the tech told me that sometimes their CISCO router will still block high port numbers, even though they're *supposed* to be open.

So he's looking at it now to see if there's any traffic on those ports, but I haven't heard back. Meanwhile, I was wondering if anyone on this forum has used a VPN for a web app and if so, if they've had any issues. Here in my company I have everything on a LAN, so there are no issues like this. Likewise, when this web app was on 2 machines side-by-side in their LAN, it worked fine.

Anyway... thoughts appreciated. It's timing out, causing all sorts of problems when records aren't properly updated.

Thanks,

Bob
Longterm Solutions
bob at longtermsolutions.com