[FX.php List] Problem with clients iis install

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Mar 19 15:00:38 MDT 2010

I've got a client who's using IIS for the web server, FMSA 10 for databases; recently they moved the FM server to a new location, so that now the web server is in one location, the database server is in a 2nd.

The connection from the web server is 100 megabits; the connection speed at the database server is 3.0Mbs. The web app worked fine when both servers were in one location, but now we're getting timeout errors after 30 seconds.

Not having worked with IIS, I don't know how to solve this problem; does anyone have any experience with something like this, and if so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks,

bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
FileMaker 9 & 10 Certified Developer