[FX.php List] FMP API to mySQL

Leo R. Lundgren leo at finalresort.org
Thu Jun 24 08:30:27 MDT 2010

I think it depends where you are heading..

If you will for sure use MySQL only for this solution, and not possibly combine it with FileMaker in the future, there is no technical need for FX.php.
If you are comfortable and know FX.php, that's a reason to use FX.php, assuming that it meet the needs that you have now and in the future, regarding communication and usage of the database.
If on the other hand FX.php doesn't meet all needs (like if you need something complex that can't be specified with FX.php), this speaks against using FX.php.

If FX.php isn't the obvious choice, there are a ton of other things to use, since you then move into the land of an SQL database (in this case MySQL, unless you're curious about others), and any frontend (in this case probably PHP since you already know it). But for now you were considering FX.php, and as I see it you should use it for any of two reasons; It being required technically, or it being sufficient technically and at the same time you knowing it well.