[FX.php List] Trouble connecting to remote mySQL DB

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Mon Jun 7 12:17:05 MDT 2010

Thanks David,

Fact is, it's not just FileMaker that could be
down: IIS, Windows, the Machine, the AC power,
the inside network, the Internet
connection....all of which have gone down from
time to time.  That is why I am using external
MySQL db at the WWW web hosting site to act as
the "always available" resource to control
traffic to remote servers.

I'm at the point where I need to be able for the
remote server (hosted at exit445.com)to talk to
the mySQL db at the main WWW site.

The question is: Why is my server ignoring the
host address for the mysql host and inserting the
local (exit445.com) one?

Jonathan

At 1:05 PM -0400 6/7/10, David Ness wrote:

>  >> I previously did this in FileMaker, but if
>FileMaker is down, it can not report on itself.
>
>Actually, I do this on may pages:
>

>// Check to see if the FileMaker server is up and running
>if( !fsockopen ($serverIP, 80, $errno, $errstr, 2) )        {
>                 $serverUp = false;
>} else {
>                 $serverUp = true;
>}