[FX.php List] Edit form and if statements

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim at nicheit.com.au
Sun Feb 21 19:56:03 MST 2010

On 22/02/2010, at 1:51 PM, Jon & Jane Montgomery wrote:

> Oh yes, never thought of doing that.  When they worked directly with
> filemaker, I used if is empty check.  Just not sure how to use that
> with
> PHP.

You really need to check at a couple of levels for this sort of thing
- I use Spry validation on the actual page to check that the values have
a. been filled out, and
b. meet my requirements (eg, a date is  a date)

Then I also check stuff in php on the handling page, as people can
turn JavaScript off and avoid the immediate checking.

It's a bit tedious the first couple of times, but it really has to be
done that way to be sure the data you're getting is decent quality -
users can be incredibly creative in how they stuff things up...

cheers

Webko