[FX.php List] Edit form and if statements

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Sun Feb 21 16:54:08 MST 2010

Sure, you can do that.

Although I feel that it would be a little funky to have a form where
a user could only enter data in a portion of the original data
fields.  What if the user needed to edit data that had already been
entered previously? Without displaying with an input tag, they
couldn't .  That would feel strange.

Better...just display all the fields in the form with your new and
improved form validation routines....unless you are worried about
tampering of  the data you have already collected.

You also need to perform that validation routine upon page display
(as opposed to after a form submit) in order to communicate to the
end user that addl data is required.

HTH,

Jonathan