[FX.php List] [OFF] printable very wide table?

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 14 18:18:49 MST 2010

Hi Webko

I think we've got a mis-connect somewhere... ;-)

Let's take your example at http://apachescricket.com/table.php

It's clearly too wide to fit on one printed page, so I believe it
would need to be broken down into a "list" of "sub-tables" so that it
can print from a browser.  Since the columns in your example are so
wide, we'd probably want to print just one column per page.  So my
quest is to find the best way to print column1 on page1, col2 on p2,
etc. -- and make sure that when all pages are printed, the user could
line up the pages left to right and recreate the table.

Without reliable page-breaks, I don't think this is possible.  Maybe
the CSS page-break-after will work here.  Otherwise, I'm back to
creating PDFs.

Or tell me I'm still missing something :-)

Cheers,
-Joel