[FX.php List] [OFF] printable very wide table?

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 10 16:41:50 MST 2010

Hi all

I've got a request to have a printable web page that would be a
potentially _very_ wide table (data coming from FM).

I've suggested to the client that instead we create an excel
spreadsheet from the data so users can print from Excel, but the
client doesn't want that.

In FMP, the client is thinking they could create a layout w/ all text
rotated 90 degrees, so the "width" could be indefinite as it runs from
one page to the next.  I've done a quick test of CSS transform:rotate
and that's not gonna work well for the web page.

I'm thinking of outputting to PDF, making sure the row height is
consistent across all pages, so a user could line up the pages after
they've printed...  but thought I'd check in here to see if anybody's
got any thoughts or suggestions.

TIA,
-Joel

Joel Shapiro