[FX.php List] Create portal/related records with fx.php

VanBuskirk, Patricia pvanbuskirk at fsu.edu
Tue Aug 24 14:40:16 MDT 2010

Hey Tim and Anders,

It is a phone and cable signup form.  All the standard stuff (name,
address, student id, phone, email, etc - mostly required)  go into the
main TO - and then they have many non-required options:  basic cable or
digital cable (radio), phone line (checkbox).  On the digital cable is
where it gets tricky.  They can choose from several premium channels
(checkboxes), HD, DVR or HD&DVR (radio )... for up to 3 rooms each item.
I've got all kinds of issets in there, and yes, each item creates at
least one record in the transactions TO.  Most times, there are more
than one child record ...i.e. if they request a phone, 5 child records
are created (installation, etc.).

The original database was created by someone else and was basically a
flat file, a field for every form field.  I created the transactions
table, and 4 new fields in the original database that kind of gather up
1) Premiums 2) Dig Options 3) AddtlBoxes 4) Room into lists.  The reason
we are having to do this, is that we want to eliminate manual entry of
orders into the PeopleSoft system, where all this eventually ends up.
They couldn't be exported as they were.

Thanks guys!

~ Trish