[FX.php List] When to start SSL on a site

Leo R. Lundgren leo at finalresort.org
Thu Apr 8 08:24:19 MDT 2010

If I make a site that needs to be secured, and HTTPS is part of it, I
default to using HTTPS for the entire site. Why wait?

So in short; I rewrite/redirect HTTP to HTTPS in order to force the
latter.

Regarding the form; IMO it's vital that you don't output the login
form on a page that is insecure. Consider the possibility that an
attacker hijacks the insecure page on which the login form is, and
thereby managed to change the URL that the form targets.. In such a
situation it doesn't matter that the URL you *indended* the form to
target is secure, because the form itself isn't.