[FX.php List] CodeWorks09

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Fri Sep 25 10:47:34 MDT 2009

Hi Folks,

Just when you thought that you had mastered a discipline...

I attended a 2 day PHP conference here is San Francisco this week ,
called CodeWorks09. It's put on the by the folks who publish
PHP|Architect magazine, and traveling to a handful of US cities over
the next 2 weeks. Here is web site http://cw.mtacon.com/ Joel Shapiro
attended also.

Thought folks would be interested in feedback.

In short, this was a walk in another world of PHP...the world of
Object Oriented Programming and the separation model that is referred
to as MVC (Model/View/Control).  My eyes were glazed over after the
first hour.

At best, I benefited by hearing the concepts and discussions about
Zend Frameworks, Objects,  Design Patterns, etc, and realizing that
when pros discuss PHP, they are probably at this level. Should I
decide to head off into the direction of OOP, at least the concepts
will sound familiar.

Now, back to  my homogenized HTML/CSS/PHP/FMP API/Javascript pages. ;-)

Hope that's helpful.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Schwartz