[FX.php List] MySql extensions

Vargas, Steve E vargas_s at aps.edu
Mon Sep 21 15:30:19 MDT 2009

I am new to FileMaker pro software. About 18 months ago we had a
contractor configure our MS Windows 2003 server with the FileMaker
Server Admin 8.0v4. The contractor also developed apps using PHP as the
front end of FileMaker Pro database as the backend. We find ourselves in
the position of wanting to load MySQL database on the same server. I
have reloaded PHP software twice with the manual configuration of the
php.ini to enable the extension=php_mysql.dll. Both efforts failed to
load the mysql.dll. I did notice another php.ini located in the
Data1.cab. That php.ini shows the mysql extension not configured to
load. Is FileMaker Pro loading a php.ini file other than the one form
the PHP directory? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve V.