[FX.php List] User's Internet Speed as a factor

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Sat Sep 5 14:30:39 MDT 2009

Hi Folks,

Still digging around my solution, looking for ways to overcome
occasional time outs on one complex php page.

At the moment, I'm considering the possible effect of the user's
internet speed.

If I have a single page that, when submitted, runs several subscripts
using the "include" function (Edit a record, Create a new record,
create several chlld records, send an email), does any of this
subscript activity involve the connection back to the user, except
for the initial submit and the returned response?

I'm thinking not...but it seems that users with slow internet
connections are timing out more.

I presently considering running these scripts in local FMP as an alternative.

Thx

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Schwartz