[FX.php List] Cappuccino

Leo R. Lundgren leo at finalresort.org
Wed Sep 2 14:24:31 MDT 2009

It's a bit dull to reply to a post about some discovery with a pointer
to other software, but here goes anyway..

You/others might be interested in checking out NOLOH (.com). It's a
pure-PHP framework that lets you write all code on the server side, so
you don't have to bother at all with the communication. For example
you "code-draw" a label and a box, and write that "when the button is
clicked, change the label text to..", all on the server side.
Obviously it's component/widgets based.

I know that within the near future, the NOLOH guys will launch a new
site with updated documentation and a lot more visual candy to learn
from. So stay tuned :)

NOLOH is actually the only PHP-based framework I've found that is
totally server-centric and component based and used the way this is.
If someone knows another framework like this based on PHP, let me
know :)

2 sep 2009 kl. 21.42 skrev Duncan, Blair:

> Anyone on this list been looking into Cappuccino?
> I’ve been working with is now for a month. I can honestly say I have
> not had to write a single word of HTML/CSS.
> If you haven’t seen it in action have a look at this and get blown
> away.
>
> http://280slides.com
>
> I’m using FX/PHP as the backend and wrap the everything in JSON.
> Its amazing at how fast my apps are now that I’m not pushing all the
> HTML through the line.
>
> Blair Duncan | Variable Data Manager
> SGL Communications | 2 Bloor St W, Suite 3100 Toronto ON M4W 3R6
> T 416-413-7537 | C 416-845-3357 | F 416-972-5656

> This message and any attachments contain information, which may be
> confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
> please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of
> this information. Please be aware that such actions are prohibited.
> If you have received this transmission in error, kindly notify us by
> e-mail tohelpdesk at bbdo.com. We appreciate your cooperation.

-|