[FX.php List] Filed name of the dial

Leo R. Lundgren leo at finalresort.org
Tue Oct 27 06:46:17 MDT 2009

William,

Just to chime in; The help you're getting is on the right track. I
personally handle both english and Swedish databases and web frontends
to them, and working with non-lower-ascii characters in fields names
etc isn't a problem, as long as you have UTF8 all the way through your
solution. Steve is right, you must have the PHP files themselves saved
as UTF8 as well, otherwise you're telling the browser/FM one thing and
doing something else.

27 okt 2009 kl. 12.07 skrev Steve Winter:

> William,
>
> You also need to ensure that the pages are actually saved in UTF-8
> as well as making that declaration within the file.
>
> If you're using something like TextWrangler (or pretty much any
> 'decent' text editor, when you do 'Save As' you should get options
> for Encoding... make sure that it's UTF8...
>
> Cheers
> Steve
>

> On 27 Oct 2009, at 10:54, william.downs wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> many thanks for the quick reply -
>>
>> When I comment out the line below ( $new_job-
>> >AddDBParam('Vol_Länge',$VolL); ) - then it works fine
>>
>> This is the part you are referring to - it is correct.

>> I still get error 958 -
>>
>> Kindest Regards
>>
>> William

>>> Are your pages using UTF-8 as the character set? If not, try that.

>>> FX.php_List mailing list
>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org

> Steve Winter
> steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz