[FX.php List] FMS 10 setting up XML returns sometimes empty record sets, and sometimes fields and data working

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at mac.com
Tue Oct 20 07:40:21 MDT 2009

On Oct 20, 2009, at 8:56 AM, Dale Bengston wrote:

> Off-and-on problems can be due to data corruption as well.

And a variant on this that hit my FM Server 9 machine - it would
occasionally stop serving, even though the machine was still on,
although not fully - some processes had crashed usually. After a
restart it would be back to normal for some weeks usually.

Eventually it didn't come back, and it turned out the drive had
suffered enough SMART failure that it wouldn't proceed.

So a new hard drive later the machine has been up for the 49 days
since I replaced the drive. So I assume that the drive failing was
what had been causing the earlier problems too.

Roger