[FX.php List] How to search for (R)

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Fri Nov 27 11:48:27 MST 2009

Frank,

Another note: indexing with unicode will also make searches on that
field case sensitive.  So, what you want (most likely) is to search on
a calc field which uses unicode for indexing, and transforms the
contents of the parent field to either lowercase or uppercase (of
course, you'd also want to use strtolower() or strtoupper() on the PHP
side to search.)

HTH

--Chris

On Nov 27, 2009, at 10:32 AM, Someone wrote:

> Hi,
> Just noticed
>
> From Filemaker = AlexaFluor® Secondary Antibodies
> urlencode = AlexaFluor%26%23174%3B+Secondary+Antibodies
>
> Link with AlexaFluor® Secondary Antibodies works
>
> What to do urlencode or not?
>
> And I did what ggt mentioned.
>
> Frank
>
> On Nov 27, 2009, at 11:43 AM, Gjermund Gusland Thorsen wrote:
>
>> That problem does not have to do with characters but indexing, do you
>> need to have that field indexed as a language?
>>
>> If you change the field’s indexing to unicode it will be found.
>>
>> ggt
>>
>> 2009/11/27 Someone <someone at gagayaya.com>:
>>> Hi,
>>> How tI search for ®
>>>
>>> I urlencode AlexaFluor® Secondary Antibodies for the link
>>> I get AlexaFluor%26%23174%3B+Secondary+Antibodies in the url
>>>
>>> But search returns zero
>>>
>>> Filemaker has I urlencode AlexaFluor® Secondary Antibodies in the
>>> field
>>>
>>> Frank
>>> FX.php_List mailing list
>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org