[FX.php List] cXML punch-out

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Sat Nov 14 17:03:25 MST 2009

Hi Frank,

So... what are you trying to do here...? I'm not familiar with cXML and punch-out, but have done
a bit of reading, and it sounds like the idea is that it's an XML schema used for B2B e-
commerce transactions... correct...?

So you've built a shopping cart, in PHP, which presumably has an FMP back end...

And now you need to send confirmations...? orders...? shipping details,....? to other remote
systems using cXML...?? Is that correct...

If that's the idea, then I can't see that it will be too much of a problem... the
structure/format/requirements of cXML seem to be well documented, and there's a DTD to
validate against, so your PHP simply needs to create the cXML document, and then POST that to
the supplier/client/shipper etc...

And then you need a receiving interface which can accept the responses, and process those...?
so that can be built in PHP, receive the cXML response and process it accordingly...??

Perhaps you could tell us a bit more about the actual problem you're trying to solve, and we
may be able to come up with some suggestions (and/or quote to do the work ;-)...

Cheers
Steve