[FX.php List] [Off] Click sound via JavaScript for iPhone web-based app?

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Sat May 30 09:31:25 MDT 2009

Dale,

I Googled as well, and unfortunately found a lot of chatter about the process being browser-specific with lots of code examples that don't work. It might be that the iPhone Safari just won't let JavaScript play a sound. I opened one example page on the iPhone, and while it plays on-open in big Safari, it's soundless in iPhone Safari. I actually can't recall hearing a sound from a web page in iPhone Safari, other than in "player" boxes, which certainly isn't appropriate for this application. That's why I cried for help! Maybe no one has actually done it.

If you found an example that actually worked on your iPhone, please let me know!

-Troy