[FX.php List] [Off] Click sound via JavaScript for iPhone web-based app?

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Fri May 29 14:33:34 MDT 2009

I've created a FX/JavaScript-based application so that an iPhone or iPod Touch can be used for data logging/lookup in the greenhouse. It includes a large, easy to read keypad with numbers and a couple of letters, control keys that works using JavaScript to enter plant tag numbers more easily than with the iPhone "keyboard". It works well. It would be comforting to get audio feedback during entry though, but having never tried it, I don't know how to get JavaScript to make a "keyclick" sound. I just need it to be callable by the several JavaScript handlers that execute when someone touches "key" hotspots.

I suppose a sound file needs to be first loaded by iPhone Safari and then referred to by the JavaScript. I guess I'd call the function clicksound() ...but how do I set it up?

Help from anyone who's been there would be appreciated.

-Troy