[FX.php List] A php question

John Funk jfunk at criticalsolution.com
Mon Mar 9 10:44:48 MDT 2009

I have a survey form that gets data from existing records, shows the data on
form with check boxes. When submitted, edits the FMm data.

When building and testing the site all worked well. This morning I am
getting index errors on the edit page because on check boxes that are NOT
checked, do not pass the input name (or data) to the post.

Here is my logic on each check box:

I get the data using a normal query:
$DealerType1=$record['DealerType1'][0];

I how the data in a form:

<?php
if ($DealerType1 =='Stand-Alone Single')
echo "<input name= 'DealerType1' type='checkbox' value='Stand-Alone Single'
checked />";
else
echo "<input name= 'DealerType1' type='checkbox' value='Stand-Alone Single'
unchecked />";
?>
A stand-alone business with a single location<br>

In my edit.php file that the form calls, this is how I am getting the data:

$request->AddDBParam('DealerType1', $_REQUEST["DealerType1"]);

What am I doing wrong? This is an iis web server.

John