[FX.php List] A new question about web pub installs

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Sun Jun 14 10:05:42 MDT 2009

> However, the machine(s) those sites point back to have Server, a web-
> server and the WPE installed on them.

Yes, I've learned the hard way; I was under the mistaken impression
that, if I wanted to put the WPE on the FMS machine, and use an
external web server, that the FMS machine didn't need a web server.

In reality, what this config is doing is using a 1-machine setup and
then just piggybacking on it. I've been doing that for years here with
a few clients who have their own colocated web servers; even though
their seb servers are standalone, without a WPE, they "piggyback" into
an existing 2-machine config and use the WPE on the other web server.

Now if their IT guy would just get the webserver working properly,
we'd be all set... :)

Best,

bob at longtermsolutions.com
Twitter: bobpatin
iChat: bobpatin
AIM: longterm1954
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
Member of FileMaker Business Alliance & FileMaker TechNet