[FX.php List] A new question about web pub installs

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim at nicheit.com.au
Sun Jun 14 01:01:49 MDT 2009

On 13/06/2009, at 12:20 AM, Bob Patin wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2009, at 8:30 AM, Anders Monsen wrote:
>
>> I've done 2-machine and 1-machine installs, and even have a client
>> that has a 3-machine install.
>
> Yes, I have too (I have 7 pairs of FileMaker/web server here), but
> not where the WPE is on the FileMaker Server instead of the web
> server, and never where the web server is somewhere else.

We have any number of remote websites that have nothing FM specific
installed on them... And run FX based websites quite happily.

However, the machine(s) those sites point back to have Server, a web-
server and the WPE installed on them.

eg pleatco/com/search/ has all the php pages on their server (no idea
what they use for server software, not sure it matters in this
case...) and a self-contained FX install, that is configured to use
Port 80 (only) back to our box, which has the database and WPE on it -
seems to work fine.

I think that sounds like what you're doing?

Cheers

Webko