[FX.php List] Config problem

Leo R. Lundgren leo at finalresort.org
Sat Jun 13 06:00:07 MDT 2009

<2c>
   <critique> I agree. OS X Server is good for some things, but parts
of it should be left untouched in favour of better systems </critique>
   <example> For instance, virtual forwarding aliases worked perfectly
fine in 10.4, but Apple broke them horribly in 10.5 and haven't fixed
it yet. There's also the issue with Shared Folders appearing for
certain spam e-mails, a problem I recently got a response from Apple
saying "unfortinately there's no fix for this, but it will be
addressed in 10.6". </example>
   <opinion> I like postfix too, and to complement it I prefer dovecot
(and agree with GTT on Cyrus), which will (hopefully, unless Apple
reverts that too) replace Cyrus in 10.6. </opinion>
</2c>

13 jun 2009 kl. 09.37 skrev Gjermund Gusland Thorsen:

> For mail, postfix is the best MTA( mail transport agent ) in my
> opinion,
> However I do not like MacOS X Server’s implementation of the config
> and administration,
> not to mention cyrus in which is a piece of <<I am not allowed to use
> that word on the list, Chris would probably tell me that there might
> be kids on the list>>
>
> ggt
>
> 2009/6/13 Gjermund Gusland Thorsen <ggt667 at gmail.com>:
>> Well OSX is all about GUI in my opinion, OS X Server is about
>> crippling good server software.
>>
>> ggt

>>> I've never used a single-machine config here before, so this is
>>> why I'd
>>> never experienced installing for a single machine.
>>>
>>> Not sure why you think Mac OS X is simpler to use than OS X Server
>>> though;
>>> for setting up websites, the OS X Server Admin is excellent,

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org