[FX.php List] Config problem

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Jun 12 14:26:47 MDT 2009

On Jun 12, 2009, at 3:12 PM, Gjermund Gusland Thorsen wrote:

> I never needed a separate machine with WPE to get good speed,
>
> My setup is MacOS X[ sometimes server, but it’s simpler with ordinary
> MacOS X ] running FMSA and WPE
>
> Then to have debian or ubuntu with apache and php as a separate
> machine
>
> My experience is 2 machines( 1) FMSA+WPE 2) Apache with php) is 6
> times faster than 1 running all services( FMSA + Apache with WPE +
> Apache with php).
>
> 3 machines( 1) FMSA 2) Apache with WPE 3) Apache with php) is still 6
> times faster than 1 machine( FMSA + Apache with WPE + Apache with php)
>
> ggt667

I've never used a single-machine config here before, so this is why
I'd never experienced installing for a single machine.

Not sure why you think Mac OS X is simpler to use than OS X Server
though; for setting up websites, the OS X Server Admin is excellent,
although setting up mail for OS X Server really stinks, in my opinion.

I've had terrible luck trying to set up clients on the mail server on
OS X Server; I use it, and so do a couple of clients, but I tried four
others to see how it would go, and 3 of the four couldn't seem to get
their mail to work, no matter how long we tried.

So I use EIMS (Eudora Internet Mail Server) which is really easy to
administer; it doesn't do true push email, but it does IMAP and POP3
and is a snap to use, never crashes. Plus, it's not that expensive...

P.O. Box 3408
Brentwood, TN 37024
615-333-6858
bob at longtermsolutions.com