[FX.php List] Re: FX.php_List Digest, Vol 59, Issue 24

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Jun 12 11:12:21 MDT 2009

On Jun 12, 2009, at 11:43 AM, Tanner Ellen wrote:

> Bob,
> I think you need to re-install filemaker server.  When you re-
> install it do it as a 1 machine setup.  Make sure to enable apache
> on your filemaker server so it is also a web server.  You shouldn't
> have to do anything special on opening ports or configuring on your
> remote hosted webserver.  Make sure all of your fx.php pages point
> to the ip address of your filemaker server and not your offsite
> hosted web server.  Then upload your website to that hosted
> webserver.  This set up should work.  That is what I am doing now.

I don't think you read the whole thread...

They're not running a machine that would run Apache, they're running a
IIS machine that doesn't have a web server on it.

I had thought that they could put WPE on the FMSA machine, and then
use it with an external web server. However, it appears that when you
install the WPE, it also needs to install the web server module which,
since they don't have a web server on their FMSA machine, it didn't do.

SO...

This means that in essence, they'll have a 1-machine config, which
they'll then tie into from an external web server. I've done something
similar to that here for years, with a 2-machine config, where I'm
using a 3rd machine's web server to talk to the WPE that is paired
with one of my FMSA machines. I just didn't realize that, when you put
the WPE on FileMaker Server, it has to have a web server running there
as well.

Best,

P.O. Box 3408
Brentwood, TN 37024