[FX.php List] A new question about web pub installs

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Jun 12 08:49:56 MDT 2009

On Jun 12, 2009, at 9:37 AM, Anders Monsen wrote:

> By this I take it mean physically and network separated?

Yes, all of my installs have been in the same server room, so this was
my first attempt to use a FM server in North Carolina and a web server
somewhere (don't even know where) else.

> In all my installs the locations have been within the same network,
> and so I've always pointed to the private IP (192.168.etc or 10.1.
> etc ). However, we have had servers in the DMZ so they are within
> our network but outside users need access for testing, and I've then
> used the public IP to point to the web server. Is it possible this
> is a firewall issue, not necessarily the FMP ports?

No, not a firewall.

> Does the web server require a whitelist of IPs that can access it?

FMI specifies ports that need to be open in this config: 80, 16000,
16016, 16018; the last 3 are closed, from what I can see...

P.O. Box 3408
Brentwood, TN 37024
615-333-6858
bob at longtermsolutions.com