[FX.php List] Edit List of Results

Dale Bengston dbengston at tds.net
Mon Jun 1 07:40:55 MDT 2009

Hi Trish,

I think this is where you have to take your FileMaker hat off and put
on your web developer hat.

I'm using Scriptaculous drag/drop to accomplish this same type of
thing. The user just drags items around on the screen to re-order
them. A sort order field is modified to via AJAX to account for the
new sequence.

I realize that AJAX and JavaScript-based drag/drop are a pretty big
departure from straight FileMaker/web development, but it would
greatly improve the user experience.

Hope this helps,
Dale

  --