[FX.php List] can only create 4 records before timeout

David Cox davidcox at wcfs.edu
Wed Jul 29 14:37:39 MDT 2009

I am using a loop to create records when they do not exist.  As I stated
yesterday, it only gets four records created before timeout.

IIS 6 & the FM7 WPE is on a dedicated Win2K3 server.  FileMaker Server 7 is
on an adjacent Win2K3 server and both are connected via a local gigabit
switch and both are dual processors with adequate RAM.  I am trying to find
out what is causing the performance hit or latency issues.  I can monitor
both servers' processor & network %usage and it appears that the FM7 Server
is doing some significant number crunching over the processor when I run the
script.

Should I try:

   1. moving FileMaker Server onto the same hardware?
   2. performing the FMNew() on a layout with just a few fields?
   3. upgrading to a newer version of FileMaker Server?  (is there any
   increase in performance in 9 or 10?  I am certain FileMaker will tell me
   that I need to upgrade.  However buget precludes that possibility for now)
   4. reducing the number of fields and or relationships in the database?
   The table I am working in has over 200 fields.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

David Cox

Here is the php which uses variable variables with a do loop:

<?php
    $CreateRecordCourseDes = new FX($serverIPAddress, $port, $connection);
    $CreateRecordCourseDes->SetDBData($dbfile, 'CourseDescription');
    $CreateRecordCourseDes->SetDBUserPass($username, $password);
$i=1;
do {
$n = "CourseDescription".$i."Valid";
$m = "coursetitle".$i;
$CourseDescriptionValid = ${$n};
$coursetitle = ${$m};
echo $CourseDescriptionValid . "</br>";
echo $coursetitle . "</br>";

    if($CourseDescriptionValid == "not submitted")
        {
            $CreateRecordCourseDes->AddDBParam('RelatedRecordTypeKey',
$RecordTypeKey);
            $CreateRecordCourseDes->AddDBParam('RecordType',
'CourseDescription');
            $CreateRecordCourseDes->AddDBParam('studentnumber',
$StudentNumber);
            $CreateRecordCourseDes->AddDBParam('CourseDescriptionTitle',
$coursetitle);
            $CreateRecordCourseDes->AddDBParam('FormID', '00016');
            $result = $CreateRecordCourseDes->FMNew();
            $i++;
            echo "Created Course Description ".$coursetitle;
        }
}
while ($i<=13);

?>