[FX.php List] Shopping Carts - Keep in SessionVars or Add Records right away?

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Tue Jul 28 21:19:49 MDT 2009

Hi Joel,

My experience is that should be a business
decision, not just a technical one.  Technically,
it can be done either way with advantages and
disadvantages for each.  However, the Client has
to WANT to offer a richer shopping experience
and/or be EAGER to data mine the abandoned
shopping carts for possible clues why customer do
what they do. Otherwise, saving the order data
before the order is confirmed is a wasted
effort...at least from a business stand point.

My 2¢.

Jonathan