[FX.php List] Replacing my FM robot

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Tue Jul 28 12:11:10 MDT 2009

Hi John,

What I'd suggest is writing a PHP script which reads the text file,
then uses FX/API to insert/update the records directly in the database
as required...

That script can be called on the server itself using cron/scheduled
task, depending on your OS///

Would this work...??

Cheers
Steve

On 28 Jul 2009, at 18:47, John Funk wrote:

> Thanks Bob,
> This was my first choice but the problem is the actual FM import
> script step will not run on FMSA, there  needs to be a client for
> that step to perform. Triggering is not a problem. I may have not
> explained this very well.
> John
>

> On 7/28/09 12:38 PM, "Bob Patin" <bob at patin.com> wrote:
>
>> Another way might be to write a script in your database and trigger
>> the script off FileMaker Server; I'm using quite a few of these now
>> with FileMaker Server 10, and it's a wonderful thing.

Steve Winter
steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
m: +44 77 7852 4776
3 Calshot Court, Channel Way