[FX.php List] Philosophy Does modid change when setting a global field?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Tue Jul 28 10:04:17 MDT 2009

I don't know, haven't tried; can you write to a global?

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: new_logo_idea3_120w.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 15728 bytes
Desc: not available

bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
FileMaker 10 Certified Developer
--------------------------
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker
PHP ? Full email services ? Free DNS hosting ? Colocation ? Consulting

On Jul 28, 2009, at 10:56 AM, Gjermund Gusland Thorsen wrote:

> So if you do an FMEdit(); and you edit only a global field
>
> modid will not change?
>
> ggt
>
> 2009/7/28 Bob Patin <bob at patin.com>:
>> No, because a global field doesn't exist in a record...
>>

>> Bob Patin
>>

>> Longterm Solutions
>> bob at longtermsolutions.com
>> 615-333-6858
>> http://www.longtermsolutions.com
>> iChat: bobpatin
>> FileMaker 10 Certified Developer
>> Member of FileMaker Business Alliance and FileMaker TechNet
>> FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker
>> PHP ? Full email services ? Free DNS hosting ? Colocation ?
>> Consulting
>>
>> On Jul 27, 2009, at 8:03 PM, Gjermund Gusland Thorsen wrote:
>>
>>> is it possible to set recid = 0? To edit a global field?
>>>
>>> ggt
>>> FX.php_List mailing list
>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org