[FX.php List] [OFF] The ongoing saga of adding multiple SSL certs on a web server

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Tue Jul 21 19:40:35 MDT 2009

As some of you will recall, I had a problem a couple of months when
trying to add a 2nd SSL cert to a web server.

Leo properly informed me that I needed to assign the 2nd site to its
own IP, and that would allow the cert to work... that fixed the
problem on that web server.

So today, another client asked me to setup an SSL cert on her site, so
I bought and installed one (different web server).

I assigned it to its own IP address, added the IP to the server--no
problem. The site responds when you use "https" to invoke the cert.

THE PROBLEM: It doesn't respond when you *don't* invoke the
certificate; instead, the 1st site in my server config list responds.

What am I missing here? No matter what I try, the site just doesn't
respond without invoking the certificate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated; I can't turn this cert on now...

Thanks,