[FX.php List] Very very odd behavior

david weiner 1265 at lucerneblvd.org
Sat Jul 11 18:53:53 MDT 2009

Are the databases on a local or external disk? Are there any shared
directories on that same disk? (I'm assuming that the filemaker data
directory is not shared.)

Restarting an entire network is often weird, but more to the point,
restarting Windows servers cold with a lot of shared space is pretty
time consuming and maybe the FMS service came up before the disk was
fully ready and that caused a weird permissions situation. I could see
how having the Server start before the disk is 100% ready could put
you in weird situation - I'm sure FMI would be interested in hearing
about this since it really shouldn't happen.

- David