[FX.php List] Performance/Error Question

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Fri Jul 10 09:41:10 MDT 2009

Hi Dennis,

If you're actually getting a page back then it's not an FMP speed
issue, since that would prevent the entire page from loading...

Potentially if you're using something like $myResults['data']
[$resultKey]['fieldName'][0] to output a value, or to use it in an if
or something, and the record which you've queried has doesn't have a
value for that field, you'll get the type of warning that you seem to
be getting...

Cheers
Steve

On 10 Jul 2009, at 16:08, Dennis Dalziel wrote:

> I’m working on a website that uses both MySQL and Filemaker as the
> backend databases. The queries to Filemaker are in fx.php and
> occasionally a page will load and generate an Undefined Variable
> error on a page that works most of the time and I know that I query
> for that variable.
>
> My question is what causes these intermittent errors? I have a
> feeling it’s a performance issue and that Filemaker is just not
> getting the information back fast enough so php throws an error. I
> don’t seem to see these kinds of errors from the MySQL queries.
>
> Is there a php.ini setting that I need to change to get rid of these
> errors?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Dennis Dalziel

Steve Winter