[FX.php List] PHP question: Presenting the user with multiple pages from each result

Dale Bengston dbengston at tds.net
Thu Jul 2 15:04:52 MDT 2009

Hi Leo,

I started using FPDF in 2001 or 2002, and I had the exact opposite
reaction when I compared it to PDFlib. One of the biggest detractions
from PDFlib is the necessity to have it compiled into PHP. I rarely
have control over client web server installs to the extent that I can
modify or mandate the way PHP is installed. Another big detraction is
cost: the free version of PDFlib is only licensed for private or
research work, which excludes its use in commercial solutions like
those I produce unless I pay US$995.

The documentation for FPDF is very good. It's a nice, portable PHP
class like FX.php. It is extendable in many ways (like the wonderful
FPDI). And the price is right.

Dale

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org