[FX.php List] Errors searching for email addresses

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 26 13:12:43 MST 2009

Hi Bob

To my understanding: Unicode indexing is set per field in FMP,
nothing to do w/ PHP sites.  (it uses a specific unicode for the @
symbol so the FileMaker wildcard wouldn't take over when using it in
a search, but it also means that entering bob at Patin.com would not
match bob at patin.com -- lowercase and uppercase have different unicodes)

Hi Jonathan

see my list post from Sept 5 2008: "Re: [FX.php List] [OFF] Filemaker
Web Security?":
<http://www.iviking.org/pipermail/fx.php_list/2008-September/
008037.html>

As Troy Meyers correctly reported and I finally saw for myself,
double-equal '==' and quotes alone are definitely not sufficient

FWIW: the link above strips out the @ in my sample password.  It's
meant to be "p at 55w0rd", not "p at 55w0rd"

-Joel