[FX.php List] Errors searching for email addresses

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Jan 26 10:29:05 MST 2009

This is an often-discussed topic; the other thing to consider is that
users can use wildcards to spoof your login system.

Here's what I use in my web apps to validate username and password:

$query->AddDBParam('username',"==".preg_replace('/([@*#?!=<>"])/','\\\$
{1}',$username));
$query->AddDBParam('password',"==".preg_replace('/([@*#?!=<>"])/','\\\$
{1}',$password));

I forget who originally posted this, but it's very useful...

Hope this helps,

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions LLC
bob at longtermsolutions.com
Twitter: bobpatin
iChat/AIM: bobpatin
FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
Member of FileMaker Business Alliance & TechNet
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker