[FX.php List] FX Web Server Requirements

Leo R. Lundgren leo at finalresort.org
Sat Jan 24 11:10:19 MST 2009

Chris,

I've seen you say that previously as well. But I don't understand how
you can justify that? Of course it's up to you, but I don't see how
you can be content about having your files readable by anyone?

Even if you have just one site on one server, there may be a risk in
that if some other service than the www one is compromised, the
attacker can use the compromised account to simply read the files
they want, if you have them o+r. And then they can get into your
database as the next stop along your line of servers :-) This was
just an example regarding the "even if, dedicated server".

Kind regards, Leo

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org