[FX.php List] [OFF] Anyone fluent with setting up Wordpress?

Leo R. Lundgren leo at finalresort.org
Mon Jan 19 09:26:33 MST 2009

Apparently PHP is trying to interpret that part of the file, and as
you say it's JavaScript, I guess it shouldn't?

Do you have the appropriate ?>  non-php-code  <?php markup in place?
Or, if the code you pasted should be inside a string in the PHP code,
make sure that it's "stringed out" appropriately.

Another note, not necessarily related, is that when you have a syntax
error, always look at the line immediately before the line mentioned,
as well. Depending on the type of code on the mentioned line, it may
be a continuation form the previous one and one will get a clearer
picture not just staring at the mentioned line :)

-|

19 jan 2009 kl. 17.17 skrev Bob Patin:

> I'm trying to set up a blog on one of my web servers, and am having
> a problem that I can't resolve; hopefully someone on here has hit
> this snag and already solved it:
>
> I have a blog running on this web server already; everything works
> great...
>
> I tried downloading the latest version of WP (2.7.1) last night,
> put it in a new directory on my web server, which is Mac OS X
> Server Tiger (10.4.11), pointed a domain to it, tried hitting it. I
> get a parse error pointing to a page in the wp-admin/includes page,
> called media.php.
>
> The error is (dir. name removed for security):
>
> Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or
> `T_NUM_STRING' in <directory name>/wp-admin/includes/media.php on
> line 310
>
> When I look at the PHP file, here's line 310 (granted, Dreamweaver
> is terrible about not displaying line numbers the same as what PHP
> *thinks* they are):
>
> function addLoadEvent(func) {if ( typeof wpOnload!='function')
> {wpOnload=func;}else{ var oldonload=wpOnload;wpOnload=function()
> {oldonload();func();}}}
>
> Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that the
> "T_STRING" error usually happens when I forget to put a $ in front
> of a variable... this is a Javascript function, so it doesn't
> require the dollar sign, but is there something actually wrong with
> this line, or am I looking at the wrong line?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks,
>
> Bob Patin
> Longterm Solutions LLC
> bob at longtermsolutions.com
> 615-333-6858
> http://www.longtermsolutions.com
> Twitter: bobpatin
> iChat/AIM: bobpatin
> FileMaker 9 Certified Developer
> Member of FileMaker Business Alliance & TechNet

-|