[FX.php List] [OFF] Upgrading to PHP 5 on a Mac OS X Tiger server

Ernest Cunningham ernest.cunningham at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 11:32:07 MST 2009

Hi Bob,
The http config file is located /etc/httpd/http.conf

I use pico almost always. Here is a tip though. If you want to be able
to browse the file in a text editor with a gui do this:

1. Go to the finder and press Apple-Shift-G or choose Go To folder
from the Go menu

2. Enter /etc/httpd/ and hit return

3. You can now edit the http.conf file.

Ok so now you can search the file for: LoadModule php4_module
libexec/httpd/libphp4.so
You want to comment out this line using an #

#LoadModule php4_module        libexec/httpd/libphp4.so

Then add the lines as described in previous posts.

Kind regards,

Ernest Cunningham

   FileMaker Database and iPhone Software Developer
   Nelson,  New Zealand

   Ernest Cunningham
   Mobile: +64-21-40 66 75
   Web Site: www.ging.co.nz