[FX.php List] jquery/gChart help

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Fri Jan 9 00:22:55 MST 2009

Hi David,

I've never used gChart before, but I'm going to take a punt at what
you're trying to do, and make a few assumptions about the structure of
your database and the labels that you want...

I presume in FM you have a table which looks something like this;

label		  quantity
burgundy		2
bordeaux		3
cabernet		5

If the labels in FM are the same as the labels that you want to put on
the chart, then I'd suggest adding another field to your database and
storing the colour in there as well, so extend the above table,

label		  quantity	colour
burgundy		2		  ff00ff
bordeaux		3		  00ffff
cabernet		5		  0000ff

Then you can do an FX FindAll, and a simple foreach loop to parse the
data from the query into whatever format the gChart engine requires
(writing it an xml file? javascript array...?)

If any of my assumptions above aren't correct, then let us know and we
can add more information...

Hope this helps

Cheers
Steve