[FX.php List] Anybody out there...?

Anders Monsen andersm at alamark.com
Tue Jan 6 12:37:28 MST 2009

I like this new version, but so far see nothing *compelling* about it
yet. FMP 9 had ESS and the PHP API (I like choices), though with FX
the latter just takes it in-house. Speaking of in-house, the new
version renders moot some plugins, such as script triggering and SMTP.
With the former I think FMP leaped beyond the current plugins, while
some mail plugins still have richer features than what ships with 10.

The biggest developer coolness so far in v10 appears to be script
triggering, which is great for the FMP side of my work, but nowhere
near as must have as ESS was with the prior version. And ESS now
allows using external fields for value lists, which is way cool.

I tried installing the beta of Server, but it failed on my test
machine, which was a few years old and not even Intel. Also, that was
back in October, so maybe it had some issues that since have been
fixed. Since then I have only had time to look at the client. I
understand FMS does contain performance tuning, plus the PHP Site
Assistant gets an upgrade, though to people on this list that probably
means nothing since we eschew that solution.

Anders Monsen

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org