[FX.php List] [Off] Using Clear Text Passwords/Registration Design

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Thu Feb 12 23:53:39 MST 2009

Hi Bob,

I think these days it's just a combination of your imagination and a
reasonably long memory...! In the 'old days' of https it was
definitely slower, due mostly to the speed of the client computer and
the capabilities of the browser as they did the de-encryption at the
local end of things...

With modern PCs and browsers this effect is significantly reduced, to
the point that it's no-longer any sort of reason not to do https (IMO)

Cheers
Steve

Steve Winter
steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz